Now. New. Next.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Passing The Torch...

After a very relaxing Monday at the office (aka my sofa..lol) It feels so good no longer have the anxiety about getting up, getting dressed, cramming myself onto the Q or B trains and beginning my journey to Rockefeller Center for work. I spent the first half of my day doing some research for my web designer, another part running errands, and the evening making spaghetti while waiting for the BF to get home from work. I was in my own little Bravo TV world, watching the Rachel Zoe show, and I couldn't help but to sigh as she laid across her bed after a long day of work (there is work with styling..TRUST) with her hubby wearing an ever so chic white terry cloth bath robe..This is what I need!!! I thought...to feel pampered after a long day..and to fall into my own "spa like" robe and slippers. My brain kicked in, as I broke to the closet to finally open a press gift that I got almost 2 years ago! A lush white bathrobe with matching slippers! Wow! My wishes turned to reality almost instantly. This made me remember all of the cool press gifts that Fashion/Accessories Editors get..the cool shoes, show invites, concert invites, dinners, bags, jewelry etc...I suddenly began to panic. I left ESSENCE Magazine..I left that fab editor lifestyle..which means I also left behind loads of free goodies :( But then panic turned to pure joy as I remembered that I am starting my own magazine, and even more exciting than editor gifts, will be the Chief Editor gifts!!!!! So I am gladly passing the fashion/accessories/beauty editor torch to my future editors of N3 Magazine...cheers to you, whomever you will be..gifts galore await you!

xx

1 comment:

  1. This is inspiring to hear of leaving a steady job with good connections to branch out on ur own . Its good to see that ppl still dream these day, but not only dream but actually live out ther dreams.

    ReplyDelete