Now. New. Next.

Monday, August 2, 2010

"Making The Magazine"

So for all of you who don't know, I am the former Accessories Editor at ESSENCE Magazine. After seven years of working in the fashion department there,three as the Fashion Assistant and the last four as an editor, I left to start my own magazine. I always knew that this is what I wanted to do, I just had to overcome the fears I had of doing it. For years I had so many people (celebrities included) who complimented me on my style, my creativity and my positive attitude. It was not until a month ago, when I reached out to a contact of mine in the search of my next editor position, that I realized what my true destiny was. This young lady kindly responded to me with many emails of people for me to send my resume too, but ended her email by saying "Gwen, I hope these emails help you in your search, but I really think you should have your own magazine." I was so touched, so moved,and so in awe of what I realized. Could it be that someone else for the 50th time saw something in me that I did not yet see in myself? Could it be that my dream to have a magazine of my own was really in my future? Well I am here to tell you that it is. And i accept it. N3 (pronounced N cubed) Magazine is the magazine that will celebrate and inspire today's fly, fearless and creative youth. It is a magazine that is all about them, made for them, and created by them. A recipe for success...I believe. So as I take a deep breath and take steps forward, I will embrace the butterflies that flutter in my stomach each day, and ride them high into the clouds. Hold on tight yall, it's going to be an AWESOME RIDE!!!!
xxx
GC

No comments:

Post a Comment